+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RUSH

Mornoftwo, I have stewed over this one for a while now, composed myself and tried to put my thoughts together. jclose8 put it perfectly, but I would like to add a bit on the spelling anality issue. There are PLENTY of spelling and grammatical errors on this forum that get overlooked and ignored. But when you purport to be a professional, are not only stating a case, but arguing in a buffoon-like manor, and don't know the difference between to, too, and two....your credibility goes way down.

Secondly, when your grammar and sentence structure make a serious post hard to read...people get frustrated and lose interest in your thoughts. When the post is light hearted and easy reading, who cares if you forgot a letter ro put them backwards. I am just as guilty as the next guy of misspelling words, and when looking back at some of my posts, thinking, what the heck was I thinking when I wrote that like that (probably how I will feel about this post :wink: ). I can't speak for everyone, but when you are trying to be taken seriously (in life AND in this forum), if you already are establishing yourself as a educated person...you better step up to the plate and apply that education to keep the focus on your argument, not your form.

And I would just like to repeat that had RUSH used a different tone, he may have had a much larger following. Ron is a great example. He has LOTS of thoughts on how NASTAR / Nationals can be improved, and whether you agree with him or not, his tone and respect make you address what he is proposing, rather than responding to or attacking him directly.

Just something to think about... and I hope that clears up the spelling subject.
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

...had RUSH used a different tone, he may have had a much larger following...[/b]
    I'm glad to see that this thread has gone full circle back to the origonal topic. I agree that Rush could have been a more popular band had they had switched their tone toward the Pop music of the time, but I doubt they would have lasted 35 years. Personally I like the tone that Geddy, Alex and Neil have stuck with over the years.

BTW, if you ask my 5 YO what her favorite music is, she will say "Rush"!!!

That's my girl!!!
    - Allen

You are a unique person, just like everybody else! - Warren Miller

Thanks, Al. I got a HUGE laugh out of that! :grin:
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

+ Reply to Thread