+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any body ski Loon, Waterville, or Cranmore?

Waterville valley was the coldest race i have ever been too. negitive 30ish, with an esstimated 100mph wind at the top(the lifts were not running). We had to hike the GS course on World cup. People were all but crying at one team didn't even make their ravers go in speed suits it was so cold.

Anonymous

Re: Any body ski Loon, Waterville, or Cranmore?

Originally posted by Speed Demon
    If you do, post. If you dont, still post and tell me where you ski. I am curious to where the majority of people compete in Nastar.
    I've skied Loon and Waterville. Haven't been to Cranmore since our X-C (running) coach used to make us run up the mtn in the Summer. Well, till we complained - then he made us run up Mt. Washington.. 'till we complained and he made us run down Mt. Washington (much worse!) Then we all wised up and agreed that Cranmore really wasn't so bad..

Loon and Waterville are good mountains, with fairly typical 17 sec (par) courses. I think I like Waterville a bit more 'cause it's steeper in spots, and less of a drive from CT. Waterville's course reminds me a bit of Stratton and Okemo's course.

[ Still, my favorite NASTAR is at Windham. The course is longer, it has a great start, and friendly staff and racers. Got some tips from a fast ski patroller named "Buzz", from a former pro who goes by "Casper", and others.]

Anonymous
    I might have been at Waterville the same day you raced. Gosh, it was COLD! I got a gold though :D

Anonymous

Good!

[quote]I might have been at Waterville the same day you raced. Gosh, it was COLD! I got a gold though :D

Good for you!! Did you attend the party afterwards? Good eats and lots of prizes! Gosh, there were only, like, 40 people there and we had Phil Mahre all to ourselves!

Anonymous
    Hey Speed Demon -
    Just got back from Loon -- had fun at the vertical challenge - won my division --- Loon is a fun mountain to ski - the people are nice there too!

+ Reply to Thread