+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Season Accompishments??

- Got in more days in the mountains possibly than ever before... (4 days at Jackson Hole, 1 day at Grand Targhee, 1 day at Keystone, 2 days at the Canyons, and 1 day at Snowbird)

- Skied in the Pacesetter trials at Keystone, where I met Kevin Ward

- Had probably my best powder day ever at Snowbird.

- Stayed injury free from skiing. However, I tore a calf muscle and dislocated a finger playing basketball. (for those who have never done it.... to look down and see your finger hideously disfigured..... it is very disconcerting.)

- Got my 4 year old girl off the leash, wedging, turning, stopping and through the nastar course a bit, too. My 2 year old boy spent the season on a leash, though... He'll rock next season.
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

Okay first and foremost I got to meet Volklgirl, RacerX, and a bunch of other racers. Now here's a list of what I accomplished this season. It was a very intense season. :-)
    • 2nd place overall at Bittersweet in open slalom adult race league and 2nd place in the 40-44 age group.
      I beat Jeff Gregory. He's been our local fast guy for 20 years. At least for the past 10.
      12th overall at Cannonsburg modified Giant Slalom adult race league. Out of 180 racers
      Had one top 10 finish at Cannonsburg (10th).
      lead the 1st place team efforts in the B division at Cannonsburgs adult race league.
      lead the 3rd place team finish at Bittersweet.

I completed a MACC GS race. VE2 division with RacerX. I didn't race the steep part I skied it then raced the bottom flat section of the course.

3rd overall in the 40-44 age group in the state of Michigan for Nastar racing.
      22nd overall out of 1811 plus racers in the state of Michigan for Nastar racing. Just a few back from JClose8 (LOL) :-)
      Got single digit HC at Breck and Keystone.
      Platinum Division qualifier for Nationals

I was told I will be going to the pacersetter trials next season by my ski school director.

I was told I will be running our Nastar course next year. Not sure if I'm up for sitting back and not skiing.

Skied mostly all the bowls at Vail. It really sucked two days of poweder through nothing but double blacks with trees and mogul runs. I was keeping up with the Vail ski instructors. One of my buddies is on the staff. I would have rather skied the groomers, however, some of the drop offs were cool.

Got asked if I wanted to be a Vail ski instructor by one of the Vail instructor supervisors. If the weather doesn't hold out here next year I'll be at Vail during Christmas.

Also got asked if I wanted to work as a course maintenance worker for the World cup race circuit at Beavercreek CO. Not sure skiing had anything to do with that just who I knew I think.

Oh got in 55 days of skiing. Only 15 short of my goal.

Wrote a pep talk for Volklgirl. Be the dragon LOL :-)

Stayed injury free no wait I hurt something I just don't remember. I kept skiing
    Now all I have to do is find the money and time to do all of what I did this year and more for next year. I need/would like to catch Jclose8 or be just as good(LOL) :-)..

Jamie I want to be just like you when I grow up. Fast with lots of pretty ski's.
    Sometimes the Dragon wins, So Be the Dragon.
    HOR356
    Powered by Blizzard skis, Marker bindings and Head boots
    Fueled by Knights in Shiny Armor, Raisin Bran Crunch and Gatorade

22nd overall out of 1811 plus racers in the state of Michigan for Nastar racing. Just a few back from JClose8 (LOL) :-)[/b]
    Whoa...!! take it easy there, big guy.. We still need to meet on the same course, on the same day!! :shock: C'mon up to Boyne Highlands tonight and get on a team. Slopeside lounge is signup. I guarantee people will need racers. GS Saturday and Downhill Sunday. At the very least, ski the downhill on Sunday. It is VERY fun. Do it man!!!

Jamie I want to be just like you when I grow up. Fast with losts of pretty ski's.[/b]
    Surely you can set your sights higher....

OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

Whoa...!! take it easy there, big guy.. We still need to meet on the same course, on the same day!! :shock:
    Surely you can set your sights higher....[/b]
    Just as it always happens you'll put me back in my place once we do meet. It will be fun trying though. :(

I already put my ski's away for the season. :(

I'll put it on the list and plan it next year.
    Sometimes the Dragon wins, So Be the Dragon.
    HOR356
    Powered by Blizzard skis, Marker bindings and Head boots
    Fueled by Knights in Shiny Armor, Raisin Bran Crunch and Gatorade

:)
    + Got to meet Racer X, Great Banana, In.Racer, BitterSweetRacer, and Mrs JClose8.
    + Finished the year in good health, unlike the hubby who is now sidelined with bulging and ruptured discs.

:sad:
    - Started the year with my head not in it.
    - Finished the year with my head not in it.
    - First year in several without any single digit HCs.
    - Another year without going to Nationals.[/b]
    I couldn't agree more with you VG, the absolute highlight of the year for me was meeting up with, and making turns with all of you:

IN.Racer
    Great Banana
    BitterSweet Racer
    Mr & Mrs VolklGirl

Let's make sure we do it again next season!

Missed you at MACC Racing, JClose, but we'll catch up next year!
    If you win, but in so doing, lose the respect of your competitors, you've not won anything at all - Paul Elvestrom - 4 time Danish Olympic gold medalist in Sailing

Let's see...

- Learned how to tuck
    - Learned how to carve
    - Learned how to skate
    - Started running NASTAR this year - started with a Bronze on my very first run and have some Platinum times
    - Won Plat two different days!
    - Qualified Gold for Nationals
    - Finished the Nationals - my course, Breckenridge, was a wax-fest. Vail was the steepest I'd raced on. Thought I wasn't even going to survive Vogue at the finals. Remember thinking "I'm going to die" before I took off on my first run!
    - Bought a pair of Volkl Attiva 5* - need to upgrade to race stock for next year
    - Wore a bright blue GS suit in public - yes, that is an accomplishment for me.
    - Skied down some hills at Vail that scared the daylights out of me last year.
    - Learned to do some jumping.

That is all I can think of for now, but that is pretty good for me!
    Go Hard or GO HOME!

+ Got to try out the new (to me) Rossi 9X's
    + Wore the GS suit I won last year in public (just like SunStar, only mine was grey)
    + Got my first Platinum single digit handicap (OK, it was a Big Man's Gravity Race (straight and flat), but I'll take it).
    + Achieved my year's Goal of qualifing in Gold
    + Had lot's of fun and beer at my Wednesday race league
    + Watched my 5 yo daughter run her first 4 NASTAR races
    + Hucked my first cliff (10'-12') while I was at Snowbird (and landed it)
    + Had a blast at Nationals
    + Met Ron Simonson and LilFeet at Nationals
    + Swam in both a 110 degree pool and a 40 degree river at Strawberry Hotsprings

- Ripped 3" of edge out of my ski sometime before, during or after hucking that cliff
    - Never did find BluFox, Colorado Wolfman and the others at Bear Claw (+ talked with A LOT of people I otherwise would not have while looking)
    - Allen

You are a unique person, just like everybody else! - Warren Miller

+ Watched my 5 yo daughter run her first 4 NASTAR races- This IS the best thing

**+ Hucked my first cliff (10'-12') while I was at Snowbird (and landed it)- This is the wrong thing... you're a racer.
    Feet on, @$$ off the ground

+ Swam in both a 110 degree pool and a 40 degree river at Strawberry Hotsprings- This is just a sick thing

- Ripped 3" of edge out of my ski sometime before, during or after hucking that cliff-*see #2[/b]

Nationals with your kid is just a hoot, ain't it? Priceless.

+ Amy (9 yr old) was back on skis for the 1st time since '05
    + Me & at least 1 of my daughters took our 5th trip to Nationals
    + Got to see a lot of forum friends- Mumster, Dude, Copper, Racer139, skiracer55, Putterman,
    Al, Blufox, 79Bombi, Eric Martin, UGMark, PrincessPHD (hope I didn't miss anyone)
    + Skied on an actual Race Ski this year courtessy of MSR & Rossi
    + Had another great time at Nationals (once we got there)
    +I did not huck a 12 foot cliff, I did not scrape 3" of my base off, I did not go in 40 degree water (you
    nut)

- BIG NEGATIVE. Didn't get to see PatMoore & JTBear this year. If you ever go to Nationals these are the
    2 guys you HAVE to meet, they are the heart of the forum.

All & all it was another fun year. NASTAR affords us an opportunity to play with and compete against our friends and
    family on as level a playing field as is possible, given all the variables. I do not take this program for granted and thank
    Bill & the rest of the crew for giving us the opportunity to have these experiences. My kids & I will probably still talk about
    these trips when I get old... MANY, MANY , MANY, years from now. :lol: :lol:

+ Me & at least 1 of my daughters took our 5th trip to Nationals Abby right? She is a very nice girl.
    +I did not huck a 12 foot cliff, I did not scrape 3" of my base off, I did not go in 40 degree water (you
    nut) Ah yes, but it does make you feel alive.[/b]
    And, yes, watching my 5 YO race was probably the biggest highlight this year. She did not come to Nationals with me this year, but I hope to bring her next year.
    - Allen

You are a unique person, just like everybody else! - Warren Miller

+ Reply to Thread