+ Reply to Thread

Thread: deer valley nastar

deer valley nastar

i've never been charged more than $10 for unlimited runs at any nastar course, yet deer valley charges $10 for TWO runs...amazing, leave it up to deer to make you open your wallet even at the race course...most of us take a run or two to get comfortable on a course and then the 3rd and 4th runs are the best, no?

ours is $5 for two runs, $10 all day

Re: deer valley nastar

Originally posted by skis the limit
    i've never been charged more than $10 for unlimited runs at any nastar course, yet deer valley charges $10 for TWO runs...amazing, leave it up to deer to make you open your wallet even at the race course...most of us take a run or two to get comfortable on a course and then the 3rd and 4th runs are the best, no?
    Something has to pay for polishing the silver (and gold), no? :wink:
    Modern Ski Racing
    visit us at http://www.modernskiracing.com

All my local resorts (PA) are $5 for 2, $10 for unlimited. I have only come across one exception before. I thought, and I could be wrong, that NASTAR posted a constant as to what the cost should be. I guess it is up to the resort to charge what they feel they need to make/keep it profitable. :?
    I drink, therefore I am!
    CRU145

Guest_skis the limit_*
    Yeah, if that's the case DV really needs to fix that.

But at least they run when they say they're supposed unlike
    some of our other local resorts :(

Closure without public notice contrary to the posted days and times
    is just bad business :?[/b]

well, today they had a private race until noon and didn't bother to let people know the day before....aaaaargh...
    not happy with dv nastar...they have some work to do

thanks for the info about park city...glad i didn't go there...done with dv this week and on to alta, yummy alta, no racing, just snow :>)
    i will write to deer about their nastar venue, though...very disappointed with how slow they register you (one guy writes out the forms for everybody rather than having a table with forms...obviously new at this and typical 'let me do it for you' deer valley style), lack of announcing handicaps to the racers at the bottom of the course, closing it without warning, charging too much, etc. i'll give them my 2 cents, on top of the $30 bucks i laid out for 6 runs this week !!!

DV has an awesome course with the most consistent handicaps I've seen in the NASTAR program. They supposedly process 100+ NASTAR racers a day on a dual course (plus ski school, multi-card racers, and non-NASTAR racers) so I'll give their crew credit for a job well done in their first NASTAR year. Deer Valley is Deer Valley, and can pretty much charge whatever they want. When I asked about the daily unlimited passes, I was informed that the local PC ski teams used to abuse it as a training center, bashing gates and tearing the course up. And it seems from their racer count, that they don't have a problem charging $10 for 2 runs. They've also finally set up a secondary course for when they have group races. Keep in mind that they run NASTAR everyday from 10-3, group races aside. Beats the pants off of PC anyday!!

+ Reply to Thread