+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season workout.

Gary,

<< Next season's a new deal, come in ripped or die :) >>

Wow, between you, me and Liz, I guess you and I die, cause Liz will be the only one of the 3 that is ripped :-)

Bogie

We love to mtb race. We use the road bikes to train but it is no where as much fun as the mt bikes. Western Maryland and West Virginia were made to bike.

Just trying to stay in front of the wife 4 back in the Discovery Jersey. The http://www.skiwisp.com/ has a Wed night mtb race series every other week that is a hoot.

I've been trying to knock off a century (100 mile ride) one day a week, with the other days being hill climbs, touring, or whimpering on the couch about my sore legs.

The way I keep road bike rides interesting is to pick a different route each time to keep the monotony to a minimum.

I commute to work 3 or 4 days a week (30 mile round trip), which helps the late winter weight come off.

Every rotation of the pedal is another turn next year.

Re: A nerd's guide to road biking, weight loss and condition

Originally posted by backtomasters
    We have constructed a pretty cool Dbase with graphs.  From the start of our Road Biking program we started to track distance, time, avg. speed, total calories, avg. Heart Rate (and more arcane stats). We have these very cool graphs were we can SEE our progress and the relationships between all these things.

\"Well basically being nerds (both Dr. Liz and I)\"

YA THINK?????!!!!
    OREDOCK BREWING COMPANY SKI BUMS
    http://ore-dock.com/

Re: A nerd's guide to road biking, weight loss and condition

Originally posted by backtomasters

\"Well basically being nerds (both Dr. Liz and I)\"
    Naaaaah. You'd only be nerds if you calculated the mechanical advantage of your crank arms, the amount of horsepower you are generating, how many kilowatt hrs you've "burned" (and what that would cost from your local power company), the relative time&space differences between you on your bike and a stationary frame, and then started to translate the units between english and metric just for fun (like translating between watts and BTUs..except for the seconds, of course... trying to convert that into different units would just be silly...)

(Um, you don\'t do that, right????)
    Modern Ski Racing
    visit us at http://www.modernskiracing.com

Wicked shots there Dranow!

Liz, when you climb...Big Chainring :twisted: just joking!

Re: the under 17 pound super bike, a buddy of mine (same age as me) in California just bought that bike (for a lot more). He uses it in ITU races. I'll have to sneak a ride on it when he come to Brampton (near me) for a race.

I bet your next bike will be a Cervelo P3C, I can see it.

BTW, nobody wants to hear about "baby fat" until it gone! :P Keep it up, Flying Dranows

mmm...subway. Eat Frrrrreash!
    I miss gates. Period.