PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Gates

ChiTownChick
01-11-2011, 01:34 PM
I am glad the recent Nastar newletter had a link to the four part series now posted on this website of the "Behind the Gates" program about last year's National Championships. I have DirecTV so I was not able to watch it on Universal Sports when it aired in December.

The show was great! I really enjoyed watching all four parts. The producers did a good job portraying the excitement of the Nationals and how important it is for the kids in particular, the Olympians of tomorrow.

I'd highly recommend that everyone take a look on the website.

ChiTownChick

patmoore
01-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Thanks for posting that Judy! I wasn't able to watch the show when it first aired. I'll "tune in" tonight.

Here's a direct link (http://www.nastar.com/articles/nature-valley-nastar-behind-the-gates-tv-episode-one) to the show. There is a button which will allow you to watch in full screen.

Chase
01-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks for posting that, CTC! I also wasn't able to watch it last month. Race league tonight, so won't get home until around midnight, but I'll watch it tomorrow!

ChiTownChick
01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Good luck with the league racing tonight Chase, ski fast!

CTC

patmoore
01-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Just got a chance to sit down and watch it. Very professionally done. I can't wait to get back to WP!

ChiTownChick
01-12-2011, 12:37 AM
It really makes you want to go back to Nationals, eh? Well I am in the silver division now but one more gold day at my home resort and I am stuck at the very bottom of the gold division and will not go to Nationals in that division again. If I only race at other resorts I might stay silver. I know my home hill too well and will end up with one very high handicap gold again there I am sure before the season is out and that is all I need to move from the a silver national ranking to gold. Too bad.

But the show certainly plants the desire to be part of the Nationals again.....hope I stay in the silver division and go again. But I am not optimistic......

CTC

JDH
01-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Hello everyone! I need help finding links to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th installments of the Behind the Gates video. I found the link once on the web page, but now it eludes me. Thanks so much. Hope everyone is having a great season so far. Jim

patmoore
01-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Hello everyone! I need help finding links to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th installments of the Behind the Gates video. I found the link once on the web page, but now it eludes me. Thanks so much. Hope everyone is having a great season so far. Jim

I don't think those installments have been posted yet.

"Nature Valley NASTAR "Behind The Gates" follows three of the top NASTAR racers in the country on their quest to win a NASTAR National Championship title at the largest, recreational ski and snowboard event in the nation. This is part one of a four-part series. Check back soon to see what happens."

JDH
01-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Eurika! I found them! On the National Championship page, watch the :31 second spot. After it is done "related videos" will be tagged on the bottom of the screen. Vols. 1, 2, 3 and 4. Great inspiration (and a pretty good diversion from the desk). Enjoy. Jim

patmoore
01-12-2011, 09:20 PM
You are absolutely right! Thanks for finding them. It was a very well done video production.

http://www.nastar.com/nature-valley-nastar-national-championships

Chase
01-23-2011, 01:46 AM
Good luck with the league racing tonight Chase, ski fast!

CTC

Thanks, CTC! I'm really enjoying it this year - learning a lot, and already a few new things have "clicked".

Unfortunately I only have one NASTAR day posted this year. It was at Bittersweet, and I'm embarrassed to admit that about the time we crossed the Michigan line, I looked over my shoulder and realized the skis were still sitting in my garage! I raced that day on some rentals that had about as much edge as a baseball bat, and on the runs when I didn't fall, my handicap was in the 50s! The next day, my wife and I got some demos from the awesome people at Lee's Sporting Goods in Kalamazoo. I was on Technica FireArrows, which I really liked. They're advertised as an "aggressive front-side ski" and that description is spot-on. But NASTAR wasn't running, since it was a Monday. But I'll get a lot of races in next weekend at Breckenridge :)

I just watched all 4 parts of the video - very nice!

FastMan
01-23-2011, 05:10 AM
But I'll get a lot of races in next weekend at Breckenridge :)

And I'll make sure he goes fast!!