PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Nationals

putterman
02-27-2008, 02:43 AM
Okay, now on my 4th Molson XXX (great smooth high test), one of the other great debates here on the forum centers around Nationals and where it seems to consistently fall...in the West. We here on the East Coast are quite proud of our race conditions, and are confident that we have resorts that can adequitly host a NASTAR Nationals. How much have you raced out East, and any advice you'd like to give those that are insistant on Western Nationals?

JimmyCochran
02-27-2008, 03:18 AM
Okay, now on my 4th Molson XXX (great smooth high test), one of the other great debates here on the forum centers around Nationals and where it seems to consistently fall...in the West. We here on the East Coast are quite proud of our race conditions, and are confident that we have resorts that can adequitly host a NASTAR Nationals. How much have you raced out East, and any advice you'd like to give those that are insistant on Western Nationals?[/b]

I grew up in New Hampshire so I'm really biased on this one. I hear about this kind of thing all time from my teamates who grew up in the west. Yeah the West has bigger Mtns, yeah there's more snow, yeah yeah yeah. I know all that and have experienced it first hand. Steep and deep is good, OK wonderful, but I would still rather ski at a little place like Suicide Six, or Mad River Glen, or Jiminy Peak than ANYWHERE else in the world. Maybe it's the charm, or the people, or the feeling that every turn is precious. I don't know for sure. I do know that the smaller less upscale places put on the best races. I think because they are more excited to have you there. The east has ALOT of such places. So yeah Nastar, why aren't nationals held in the east more?

putterman
02-27-2008, 03:21 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Thanks for THAT answer. I hope all the west coast nay sayers read THAT answer tomorrow! You just put me in the mood for my 6th! Woo-hooooooooooooooo :grin: