Close

Member Login

Logging In
Invalid username or password.
Incorrect Login. Please try again.

What is the NASTAR community?

Welcome to our new and improved site. Here, you can interact with other racers on the forum, post your own photos and stories, and read the latest news on racing, skiing, resorts, family activities, and gear. Log in to join the conversation.

Why do I need two logins?

You might have noticed that our site has changed. We've added a new and improved forum, a photo section where you can share your own photos, and ski tips, travel ideas, and more to keep your racing improving. To be a part of the community you'll need to register and create an account. We encourage all NASTAR members to use their NASTAR Registration Number and password when they create their NASTAR community log in to simplify their experience.

To log in to your NASTAR Racing record click here.

My Rossignol Race skis!!

I was cleaning out the garage and figured it was time to show off my Rossi quiver!!

Actually these are some of my first race skis. The blue Rossignol 4S is a 207cm hoot. These babies fly!! (Not that I'd ever stand on them again, unless it was a retro-day at the resort.) :shock: :roll:

And my favorite pair of Rossi race skis are the legendary 7XK's. These puppies are my first GS race skis & they are 205cm! This was that last great straight race ski before the introduction of shaped skis.

Well, back into the garage they go!

Carve Diem!! Charge The Course!!

Rossignol

When I joined Mt. Laurel Skiers in November 1996 I was told that since it was a ski club I'd have to pass a ski test for admission. I had last strapped on boards in 1962 (Wooden Erbachers with screw-on edges, Marker toe release bindings with bear traps in the rear, bamboo poles, and leather lace-up boots).

I went to Play it Again Sports and purchased some "modern" gear: Salomon rear entry boots and Rossignol Strato Race skis! The first three races I entered resulted in my sliding out of the bindings on turns. Someone then told me what DIN settings were and advised me that I needed something stronger than 4.

I still have the Stratos if anyone is interested (and I'll throw in the Salomon boots for free!).

Pat
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"
    "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
    NASTAR# MOO95 Race Record

S
    uburbanSkiAndBike.com
    GoldenYearsGeek.com
    pat-moore.artistwebsites.com

Rossignol Stratos

Rossi Stratos - Brown Ski? I think that this was what my neighbor (Larry Tezak) skied when we were kids, and he was the envy of all of us!! ops: :?

Didn't Rossignol also have a Roc 102? Or something like that?

Memory lane........... 8)

Carve Diem!! Charge The Course!!

I cleaned out the basement this Spring and pulled out 2 pairs of Volkl 'Vario' 105's, a pair of P20's and various old Hart skis....

I have no idea what to do with these

At the local ski swap last weekend I saw a pair of skis I always wanted. A 205cm 1979 Rossi FP. I heard the FP stood for "freakin perfect". Man I used to drool over those things. I finally could've had a pair and for only ten bucks! I thought the price was about $9 too high.

aportinga, do you have any old Hart Freestyles? I might be interested. My very first ski.