Close

Member Login

Logging In
Invalid username or password.
Incorrect Login. Please try again.

What is the NASTAR community?

Welcome to our new and improved site. Here, you can interact with other racers on the forum, post your own photos and stories, and read the latest news on racing, skiing, resorts, family activities, and gear. Log in to join the conversation.

Why do I need two logins?

You might have noticed that our site has changed. We've added a new and improved forum, a photo section where you can share your own photos, and ski tips, travel ideas, and more to keep your racing improving. To be a part of the community you'll need to register and create an account. We encourage all NASTAR members to use their NASTAR Registration Number and password when they create their NASTAR community log in to simplify their experience.

To log in to your NASTAR Racing record click here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I wish I could be there... but it is ~16hours (driving) away!

I have Marc's The Fundamentals of Snowboard Carving and Racing - A Manual for Surfers, Coaches & Parents and it's fantastic.
    Live Life... Dave
    Race Record

I think it can make a little difference, especially the faster you are going. I think that getting on a board that has a decent turn shape helps. I've experimented with a few different boards. The fastest times I've posted (handicaps in the low 40's) have been on a Slalom 162cm metal board, silver medal. I can get bronze on GS (185cm) hardboots, and powder boards with soft boots.

Switching to a modern metal board made the most difference for me, in terms of different equipment. I tried out a GS suit, and it didn't seem to make much difference. I'm hoping that going to a slightly longer board might help also - experimenting with a 180cm board this weekend.

Paul

Where can I find this book: The Fundamentals of Snowboard Carving and Racing - A Manual for Surfers, Coaches & Parents? I have searched Amazon, ebay, googled it, etc... Does anyone know where I can get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
    if your feeling you'd like to explore the hardbooting side of snowboard, head over to bomberonline.com
    ------------------------
    So true!! Not only can you get a ton of information and opinions, but you can order first rate racing and carving gear online there.

I agree with Darko, Bomber is an amazing resource and community for the hardbooter. If you are a hardbooter and are not a part of Bomber then you are missing out on something special. Though, in my experience, if you are a softbooter they are not the most welcoming to you.

Quote Originally Posted by nov439 View Post
    Where can I find this book: The Fundamentals of Snowboard Carving and Racing - A Manual for Surfers, Coaches & Parents? I have searched Amazon, ebay, googled it, etc... Does anyone know where I can get it?
    Perhaps from the author?
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/marc-cirigliano/38/149/246

Live Life... Dave
    Race Record

SB are slow.

Hey,.. what can you expect it is a hardbooter site?! :D

also SB suxs...
    Live Life... Dave
    Race Record

Dave - Thank you. I will try contacting the author directly!!!